Let the Summer Begin: A Few Reminders
It’s summer! The packages have been delivered, the docks are in and the new fridge and stove have been installed in the club.
Summer at the club will officially start on Saturday, June 28th (rain date, June 29th) with the Fireworks hosted by Phil Layton, Bill and Neil Clelland. Fireworks will begin at dusk (around 9pm).
Swimming lessons and club activities begin Monday, June 30th and we look forward to seeing the docks and club bustling with excited parents and kids, ready for another sunny, warm and fun filled summer! All other activities will including movie night and Pilates will start on Tuesday.
Throughout the summer, newsletters will be sent out on a weekly basis to keep members informed of the upcoming events, as well as provide a brief overview of the week’s activities. If you prefer not to receive the emails, please send Michele an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to remove you from the newsletter distribution list.
A couple of reminders as the summer begins!
1) Packages have been delivered to all cottages. Please check your front door or your boathouse, if you haven’t found your package yet. If you need another package or can’t find the one that was delivered to your cottage, please email Michele at email@example.com and I will be happy to deliver one on the weekend. In addition, there are additional packages available at the club.
Thank you very much to the group of volunteers who helped print, put together and deliver the packages. A special thanks goes out to Lyndan who flew down from Halifax to help organize, as well as Nancy and Kevin Shaw who helped assemble the packages. Geoff Cresswell, Elise Letour, Devin Shaw (and kids), Julie Hyde, Laura Hyde all helped with the distribution of packages! Thank you! It made the job a lot easier.
2) Thanks to the help of Elise, Tom, Devin and Marcel, the club kayaks are out and ready to use. The municipality is having a Kayak and Canoe tour on June 28th and club members are welcome to help themselves to a club kayak should they want to participate. The event begins at 9:30am at the municipality beach on June 28th.
First come, first serve for the club kayaks.
3) We are asking that members hand in their membership forms and money as early as possible. Thank you to everyone who has already sent in the forms and money. It definitely helps us organize swimming lessons and have an idea of how many kids will be present on the first day. Lyndan or I (Michele) will be at the dock throughout the week to accept memberships. In addition, you can deliver them to Lyndan’s cottage at ….. or hand them in during the cocktail party between 7-9:30pm. Reminder, after July 5th an additional 25$ will be added to the family membership! Thanks for your cooperation!
4) The new website will be up and running in very soon. All forms, as well as the summer calendar will be available on the site.
5) The opening cocktail party will take place Saturday, July 5th starting at 7pm. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to contribute an appetizer.